Our adults-only version of a classic summer refresher gets even more tart-sweet flavor from an easy lemony mint syrup.
- 6-8 large lemons
- 4 cups cold water
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 sprigs fresh mint
- 1 cup orange juice
- Ice cubes
- 2 cups lemon seltzer
- ¾ cup citrus vodka
- Lemon slices and mint leaves (optional)
- Using vegetable peeler, shave zest from 3 lemons in thin strips. Squeeze 1¼ cups juice from lemons; reserve.
- In pot, mix 1 cup cold water, sugar, mint and zest; over medium, cook, stirring, until dissolved, 5 min. Cool; strain into pitcher.
- Add lemon juice, orange juice and remaining water. Cover; chill.
- Fill glasses with ice. Stir seltzer and liquor into citrus ade; divide among glasses. If desired, garnish with lemon slices and mint.