Dairy-free never tasted so creamy in our treat that’s made even more tempting by a nutty coconut-almond crust.
- 1 cup + 2 Tbs. sweetened flaked coconut
- ½ cup almonds, toasted, ground
- 2 Tbs. vegan buttery stick, such as Earth Balance, melted
- 10 apricots, peeled, halved, pitted
- 1 (¼ oz.) env. unflavored gelatin
- 4 (8 oz.) cont. vegan cream cheese style spread, at room temp.
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- Coat 8″x3″ springform pan with cooking spray. In bowl, combine 1 cup coconut with ground almonds and buttery stick. Press into bottom of pan; chill until set, at least 20 min. Quarter 4 apricot halves; reserve.
- In 1-qt. microwave-safe bowl, stir gelatin and 2 Tbs. water; let stand until absorbed, 3 min. In food processor, pulse cream cheese spread, sugar, milk and extract until smooth. Microwave gelatin 15 sec. or until melted; stir in 1 cup cheese mixture until smooth. Stir into remaining cheese mixture until smooth.
- Place quartered apricots against bottom inside of pan. Spread cheese mixture in pan. Cover; chill 6 hrs.
- Run knife around edge of pan; remove side. Transfer cake to serving plate. Thinly slice remaining apricots; place on cake top. Top with remaining coconut.