Greek yogurt blended with cream cheese is the secret to the tangy filling in this twist on an ice cream shop favorite.
- 2 (11.5 oz.) pkgs. chocolate loaf cake
- 2 (¼ oz.) envs. unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup milk
- 2 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, at room temp.
- 2 cups plain whole milk Greek yogurt, at room temp.
- 1½ cups + Tbs. sugar
- 1 Tbs. + 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 (16 oz.) cont. strawberries, sliced + additional halved
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Line bottom of 8” springform pan with parchment round. Cut each cake into 4 pieces. Working with 4 pieces at a time, in food processor, pulse cake until crumbly. Evenly press all crumbs into bottom of pan.
- In small microwave-safe bowl, stir gelatin into milk; let stand 5 min. In clean food processor, combine cream cheese, yogurt, 1¼ cups sugar and 1 Tbs. vanilla; process until smooth. Microwave gelatin mixture 10-15 sec. until melted. Add to food processor; pulse until blended. Pour mixture over cake layer. Cover; chill until set, at least 4 hrs.
- Toss sliced strawberries with ¼ cup sugar. Let stand 15 min. In blender, puree strawberries until smooth; strain through fine mesh strainer. On medium-high speed, beat cream with remaining 6 Tbs. sugar and 2 tsp. vanilla until stiff peaks form. Fold in ⅔ cup strawberry puree until blended. Cover and chill whipped cream and remaining puree separately, about 1 hr.
- Remove side of springform pan; transfer cheesecake to serving plate. Spread whipped cream over top. Drizzle with some of puree. Top with halved strawberries and serve with remaining puree.