To save time, bake, mash and fill the potatoes up to a day ahead and chill, then re-bake when ready to serve.
- 7 small baking potatoes
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. minced fresh thyme
- Heat oven to 400°F. Bake potatoes until tender, about 1 hr. Let stand until cool enough to handle, 5–10 min.
- Horizontally slice ¼ off top of each potato. Scoop out flesh from both bottoms and tops, leaving ½”-thick shell in 6 bottoms. Discard tops and remaining bottom. Mash flesh or pass through ricer into large bowl; add cheese, sour cream, eggs, thyme, ½ tsp. salt and ½ tsp. pepper. Mash or beat until smooth.
- Coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Arrange reserved potato bottoms on baking sheet. If desired, transfer mashed potato mixture to pastry bag fitted with large star tip; pipe or spoon into bottoms. Lightly coat tops of potatoes with cooking spray. Bake until heated through, about 20 min. If desired, broil 1 min