Lemon, ginger and honey give this quick side a perfectly balanced blend of sweet and tangy taste.
- 1 lemon
- 1 lb. baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- ½ cup sliced leeks (white and light green parts only)
- 1 Tbs. honey
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. grated peeled fresh ginger
- Grate 1 tsp. zest and squeeze 2 Tbs. juice from lemon into separate bowls. In large skillet, combine carrots, leeks, lemon juice, honey, oil and ginger over medium heat. Cover; let simmer 5 min.
- Uncover; cook until carrots are tender and liquid thickens, about 2 min. Stir in lemon zest. Season to taste with salt and pepper.