Delight everyone when they dig into these gems to find a surprise-inside cream cheese filling.
2 hrs., 30 min
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 (13.25 oz.) pkg. red velvet cake mix
- ½ cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1-2 Tbs. milk
- White pearl sprinkles, such as Wilton
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour 12 mini Bundt molds. On medium speed, beat ¾ cup (6 oz.) cream cheese, granulated sugar, yogurt and 1 tsp. vanilla until smooth, about 2 min. Prepare cake mix according to package directions, with oil and eggs, substituting buttermilk for water called for in directions.
- Divide half of batter among bundt molds. Divide cream cheese mixture evenly over batter. Cover with remaining batter. Bake until toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean, about 20 min. Let cool.
- On medium speed, beat remaining cream cheese, remaining vanilla and confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Thin with milk to pouring consistency. Drizzle over cakes. Garnish with pearl sprinkles.