Better than the box, these individual baked pastas cook up with toasty breadcrumbs on top.
- 3 Tbs. butter
- 3 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 12 oz. elbow macaroni, cooked
- 1½ cups panko breadcrumbs
- Grease 8 (10 oz.) ramekins. In pot, melt butter over medium; whisk in flour, mustard, garlic powder, ½ tsp. salt and ½ tsp. pepper. Whisk in evaporated milk; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 1 min. Stir in 2 cups cheddar, ½ cup Parmesan and ¼ cup water. Remove from heat. Stir in macaroni. Divide macaroni mixture among dishes.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Bake pastas until warmed, 30–35 min. Top with remaining cheeses and breadcrumbs. Bake until toasty, 15 min.