With a subtle sweetness from maple syrup, this out-of-the-ordinary casserole is sure to earn raves.
- 2 lbs. sweet potatoes, peeled
- 5 Tbs. minced scallions, divided
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh thyme
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup, plus 1 Tbs. maple syrup
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 Tbs. melted butter
- Heat oven to 400°F. Slice potatoes ¼”-thick; arrange 1 layer in greased 2-qt. casserole. Top with 2 Tbs. scallions. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Repeat using all potatoes, 2 Tbs. scallions and thyme. Combine broth and ¼ cup maple syrup; pour over potatoes. Cover; bake 30 min.
- In bowl, mix crumbs, pecans and butter. Stir in remaining scallions and syrup. Uncover; sprinkle with crumble. Bake 15 min. or until browned.