This tangy twist on a classic side is extra creamy and delicious, thanks to a long simmer in the slow cooker.
- 3 lbs. Yukon gold or russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3½ cups buttermilk
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tsp. minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp. minced fresh thyme
- 1 bunch fresh chives, chopped
- In inner pot of 5 qt. slow cooker, combine potatoes, 2 cups buttermilk, garlic, butter, rosemary and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on high 3 to 4 hrs. or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Remove inner pot from slow cooker. In heatproof bowl, microwave remaining 2½ cups buttermilk 1 min. or until warm. Mash potatoes until smooth and creamy, adding warmed buttermilk as needed to achieve desired consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with chives.