Refrigerated sour cream onion dip and dill Havarti transform humble mashed potatoes into a wow-worthy side.
2½ cups milk
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 cups instant mashed potatoes
- ½ cup refrigerated prepared sour cream onion dip
- 3 Tbs. chopped fresh chives
- 3 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
- 4 oz. dill Havarti cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- Coat shallow 1½-qt. baking dish with cooking spray. In large pot, combine milk, ½ cup water and butter; bring to boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat; stir in instant potatoes until blended. Stir in dip, 2 Tbs. chives and parsley.
- If desired, transfer potato mixture to pastry bag fitted with large star tip; pipe or spoon into baking dish. At this point, the potatoes can be covered and refrigerated for up to 24 hrs.
- Heat oven to 350°F. If potatoes were refrigerated, let them come to room temperature; uncover. Bake 20 min. Sprinkle with cheese; bake until hot, 10–15 min. If desired, broil until golden, 1–2 min. Sprinkle with remaining chives.