We added pimientos for a kick of heat and a pop of color, but sun-dried tomatoes will work too.
- 4 leeks, thoroughly rinsed and sliced into thin rounds
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 Tbs. butter
- 4 Tbs. flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup shredded Gruyère cheese
- 1 (4 oz.) jar sliced pimientos, drained
- 2 lbs. green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Heat oven to 375°F. In skillet over medium heat, cook leeks and garlic in butter 5 min. or until starting to soften. Whisk in flour; cook 2 min. Add milk; let simmer 2 min. or until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add pimientos and green beans to cheese mixture; stir to coat. Pour into greased 2 qt. casserole dish; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Cover dish with foil. Bake 40 min. or until bubbly and golden brown, removing foil during last 10 min. of baking.