Cider vinegar adds tangy contrast to the warm spices in this autumnal twist on a classic Italian side.
- 8 cups vegetable stock
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh sage
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1½ cups Arborio rice
- 2 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
- 4 Tbs. butter
- 1¼ cups grated Parmesan cheese
- In large pot over high heat, bring vegetable stock to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer.
- Meanwhile, in large nonstick pan over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onions; cook 10 min., stirring often. Add sage and nutmeg; cook 2 min. more. Stir in rice. Add 1 cup stock; stir until almost absorbed. Reduce heat to medium. Continue adding 1 cup stock at a time for 15 min. or until rice is creamy and tender, stirring often.
- Add last 4 ingredients and salt and pepper to taste; stir until heated through. Garnish with fresh sage, if desired.