This witch may look “bad,” but guests will flip for her ooey-gooey cheese coating and crunchy tortilla accessories.
- 1 turkey breast (about 7 lbs.)
- 1 Tbs. savory herb roasting rub
- 6 scallions
- 2 eggs
- ¼ tsp. black food coloring
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 8 slices white American cheese
- 2 slices cucumber
- 2 slices carrots
- 1 pitted black olive, halved
- 1 green Italian hot pepper
- 1 radish
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded
- 1 carrot
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place turkey breast on rack set in roasting pan; sprinkle with herb roasting rub. Roast turkey 2½ hrs. or until thermometer inserted in turkey, not touching bone, reads 175°F.
- Meanwhile, use scissors to cut scallions lengthwise to make fringe, being careful not to cut all the way through to the end. Place in large bowl of ice water.
- In bowl, combine eggs and black food coloring. Form 1 piece aluminum foil into cone shape. Wrap 1 flour tortilla around cone; secure with toothpick. Place 1 tortilla flat on foil-lined baking sheet. Top with tortilla cone to form hat.
- Shape 2 pieces foil into two 4″ x 1½ ” logs for collar. Fold 1 tortilla ⅔ of the way over 1 log. Repeat with remaining tortilla and foil log. Using pastry brush, coat tortillas with colored egg mixture. Bake 8 min.
- Transfer turkey from roasting pan to platter; immediately place American cheese slices on hot turkey surface to cover, trimming any overhang to fit. Remove scallions from ice water. Shake or blot dry.
- Using toothpicks, attach scallions for hair. Attach cucumber slices, carrot slices and halved pitted olive to form eye. Attach Italian hot pepper for nose. Using sharp paring knife, cut radish diagonally into wedge; cut and remove inner wedge to form mouth. Attach to turkey with toothpick. Place collar around turkey.
- Using bat and spider cookie cutters, cut 3 bats and 1 spider from red bell pepper. Use vegetable peeler to cut 4 strips from carrot; place 2 around base of hat and secure with red-pepper bat and toothpick. Place hat on turkey. Place remaining 2 carrot strips around base of turkey for collar. Place red-pepper spider on center of carrot strips.