Our clever take on Panzanella salad gets a bonus dose of protein from chickpeas.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbs. white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 2 cups sliced rotisserie chicken breast
- 6 red, yellow and/or orange mini peppers, cut into strips
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 pita breads, torn into pieces
- 3 scallions, sliced ¼ cup crumbled feta
- 2 tbs. chopped fresh parsley
- In small jar with lid, combine olive oil, vinegar, mustard, pepper and salt; cover. Shake until well combined.
- In large bowl, combine chicken, peppers, chickpeas, pita bread, and scallions; pour dressing over. Toss until evenly coated and combined. Sprinkle with crumbled feta and parsley.