The real magic of these cupcakes is found inside: a hidden “candy corn” made of creamy Marshmallow Fluff frosting.
2 hrs., 30 min.
- 1 (15.25 oz.) pkg. devil’s food cake mix
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup oil
- 2 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, at room temp.
- 6 oz. white chocolate, melted, cooled
- 4 cups Marshmallow Fluff, from 16-oz. cont.
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Orange and yellow concentrated food colorings
- Candy corn and sprinkles (optional)
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Line 24 muffin cups with cupcake liners. On low speed, beat cake mix with 1 cup water, eggs and oil until blended, 30 sec.; on medium, beat 2 min. Evenly divide batter among liners. Bake until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean, 18-21min. Cool 10 min. Transfer from pans to racks; cool. Chill 30 min.
- Meanwhile, on medium, beat cream cheese and white chocolate until smooth. On low, beat in Marshmallow Fluff and topping until smooth; reserve 2½ cups. In separate bowls, tint 1 cup frosting yellow and 1 cup frosting orange with food coloring. Transfer orange, yellow and ½ cup reserved white frosting to 3 separate pastry bags fitted with round tips.
- With small knife, starting in center of each top, cut 1¼”-deep angled wedge out from center of cupcakes; reserve wedges. Pipe small amount of white frosting into bottom of cupcakes. Repeat with orange and yellow frostings to create candy corn striped filling. Trim tops from reserved cake wedges; press onto cupcakes to cover frosting. Pipe remaining white frosting over cupcake tops. If desired, garnish with candy and sprinkles.