Layers of frightfully fun cake and frosting with Frankenstein cookie toppers add up to one sweet scary cupcake treat.
- 1 (15.25 oz.) pkg. white cake mix
- Egg whites, oil and water
- Green liquid food coloring
- 4 (16 oz.) cans white frosting
- Violet concentrated food coloring
- 16 Social Tea Biscuits
- Small candy eyeballs
- 1 (4.25 oz.) tube black decorating icing, fitted with writing tip
- 16 (8 oz.) jars
- Jumbo nonpareil sprinkles
- 8 marshmallows, halved
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 24 muffin cups with cupcake liners. Prepare cake mix with egg whites, oil and water according to package directions; tint green with food coloring. Divide among liners. Bake until pick inserted into centers comes out clean, 18–20 min. Cool.
- Tint ½ cup frosting green with food coloring. Transfer ¼ cup green frosting to sandwich bag; snip tiny hole in one corner. Tint remaining frosting violet with food coloring. In batches, transfer violet frosting to pastry bag fitted with star tip. Spread thin layer of remaining green frosting over biscuits. Press on eyeballs. Pipe on black icing and green frosting face features.
- Chill. Remove cupcake wrappers; halve cupcakes crosswise. Place 1 cupcake half cut side up in jar. Pipe on layer of purple frosting. Repeat layering twice, ending with frosting. Repeat with remaining cupcakes and frosting. Sprinkle with nonpareils. Top with biscuits, placing marshmallow halves behind for support.