Everyone will go googly-eyed for these scary cupcakes made sweet with mini marshmallows and M&M’s.
1 hr. , 45 min.
- 1 (15.25 oz.) pkg. yellow cake mix
- Water, eggs and oil (use amounts listed on box for cake mix)
- 1 cup butter, at room temp.
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg. confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbs. milk
- Green concentrated food coloring
- Mini marshmallows
- Brown M&M’s
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 24 muffin cups with cupcake liners. Prepare cake mix with water, eggs and oil according to cake mix package directions. Evenly divide batter among liners. Bake until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean, 18-21 min. Cool 10 min. Transfer from pans to racks. Cool completely.
- On medium speed, beat butter until fluffy. On low, gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar, then vanilla. Beat in milk until light and fluffy. Tint light green with food coloring. Spread frosting over cupcakes.
- For eyeballs, crosswise cut each marshmallow in half. Press 1 M&M into sticky side of each slice. Press eyeballs into tops of cupcakes.