Tangy cranberries, creamy cheesecake and rich chocolate come together in a dessert so decadently delicious, no one will ever guess it’s gluten-free.
- 1 cup fresh/frozen cranberries
- 1⅓ cups sugar, divided
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 16 gluten free chocolate sandwich cookies, like Glutino
- 1½ Tbs. coconut oil
- 3 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 large egg whites
- Heat oven to 350ºF. In processor, pulse cookies with coconut oil until crumbs form. Press into bottom and ½” up side of greased 8” springform pan. Bake 10 min. Let cool.
- In saucepot over medium heat, bring to boil cranberries, ⅓ cup sugar, ½ tsp. orange zest and ¼ cup orange juice. Reduce heat; simmer 5 min. or until cranberries have burst. Mash or puree mixture; let cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325ºF. In processor, puree cream cheese, yogurt, remaining sugar and vanilla, scraping down side of work bowl as needed. In small bowl, beat egg whites with pinch of salt until soft peaks form; fold into batter. Pour mixture into cooled crust. Dollop cranberry mixture over cheesecake; swirl with spoon. Place pan on rimmed baking sheet. Cover lightly with greased foil. Bake 45 – 50 min. Cool to room temperature. Chill several hours or overnight.