You won’t need a spell to conjure up these silly sweet treats — just cake mix, ready-to-spread frosting and Oreo cookies.
2 hrs., 40 min.
- 1 (15.25 oz.) pkg. dark chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup oil
- 48 mini Oreo cookies, from 8-oz. pkg.
- 28 regular Oreo cookies
- 1 (4.25 oz.) tube black decorating icing
- 48 brown M&M’s Minis
- 2 (16 oz.) cans vanilla frosting
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 24 muffin cups with cupcake liners. On low speed, beat cake mix, 1 cup water, eggs and oil until blended, 30 sec.; on medium, beat 2 min. Evenly divide batter among liners. Bake until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean, 15-18 min. Cool completely.
- For eyes, twist and separate each mini Oreo into 2 separate cookies, leaving filling intact on 1 cookie of each pair. For pupils, using black icing, attach 1 M&M to each cookie with filling. For ears, using serrated knife, cut 24 unfilled mini cookies in half; discard remaining or save for another use.
- For wings, twist and separate each of 24 regular Oreos into 2 separate cookies; remove filling. Using serrated knife, cut 12 cookies in half. For faces, with icing, attach 2 ears to back of each uncut regular Oreo; attach 2 eyes to each front. Set aside to dry.
- Meanwhile, finely crush 4 remaining regular Oreos; in bowl, stir crushed Oreos with frosting. Transfer to pastry bag fitted with star tip. Pipe over cupcakes. Insert 1 face into frosting of each cupcake. Insert 2 wings into frosting behind each face.