These delights get a surprise kick from salted caramel vodka — you can substitute rum if you’d prefer.
2 hrs., 15 min.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup + 2 Tbs. sugar
- ½ cup butter, at room temp.
- 2 eggs
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup mashed ripe bananas, from 2 bananas
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup salted caramel vodka
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 Biscoff cookies, crumbled, from 8.8-oz. pkg.
- Sliced bananas and caramel sauce
- Heat oven to 325°F. Line 15 muffin cups with cupcake liners. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; reserve. On medium speed, beat 1 cup sugar and butter until fluffy, 2 min. On low speed, beat in eggs, one at a time, then 1 tsp. vanilla and mashed bananas. Alternately beat in reserved flour mixture and milk.
- Divide among liners. Bake until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean, 20–25 min. Immediately, using skewer, poke holes in tops of cupcakes; brush with vodka. Let cool 10 min. Transfer from pans to racks; let cool completely. On medium-high speed, beat cream with remaining sugar and vanilla. Dollop over cupcakes. Sprinkle with cookies. Top with banana slices and drizzle with caramel sauce as desired.