Cauliflower has a bad reputation for being a boring, tasteless veggie, but it doesn’t have to be that way. Sure, it’s a bit plain on its own, but cauliflower’s versatility means there’s a lot of potential for out-of-the-box ways to spice it up a bit. (And as a bonus, it’s also jam-packed with vitamins and fiber to help keep you fuller longer.)
Cauliflower’s odd texture helps make it the perfect veggie to blend into other recipes. It can be made into a pizza crust (or a pizza topping), puréed into a soup, or mashed like mashed potatoes. Blending isn’t always better, though. If you prefer your cauliflower a little on the crunchy side, you’re going to love these quick-and-easy Buffalo Cauliflower bites. Made with hot sauce which can help you lose weight, they’re fiery, flavorful, and perfect for an appetizer or midnight snack.
- Olive oil or coconut oil cooking spray
- 3/4 cup gluten-free baking flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 heads cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup Ghost Scream hot sauce ($8, Amazon)
- 1 tsp. honey
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Mix flour, water, garlic powder, salt, and pepper together in a bowl using a whisk until batter is smooth and somewhat runny. Add cauliflower to batter and mix until cauliflower is coated; spread onto the baking sheet.
3. Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
4. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove saucepan from heat and stir Ghost Scream hot sauce and honey into butter until smooth. Brush the Ghost Scream hot sauce mixture over each cauliflower piece, repeating until all the hot sauce mixture is used.
5. Bake in the oven until cauliflower is browned, about 10 minutes. Remove baking sheet from oven and allow the cauliflower to cool 10 to 15 minutes.
This recipe was originally published on Ghost Scream.
Feeling bloated? Check out the video below for eight foods that’ll banish bloating for good: