Curb your pizza craving with this healthy alternative! Featuring spicy Sriracha mayo and yummy caramelized onions, this anything-but-boring pie is bursting with so much flavor that your guests will be begging for the recipe.
1 recipe pizza dough, or 12-16 oz. store-bought pizza dough
3 cups bread flour
1 (0.25-oz) packet, or 2¼ tsp. instant yeast
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. salt
⅓ cup flour
½ tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
¼ cup hot sauce
1 Tbsp Just Sriracha Mayo
4 cups cauliflower, cut into florets
1 tsp. olive oil
1 large onion, thinly sliced
½ cup Just Sriracha Mayo, Amazon
1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp. water
2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
½ - ¾ cup tomato sauce
Just Ranch, Amazon
1. Make pizza dough (or use pre-made). Follow the directions below to make pizza dough from scratch. If using store-bought pizza dough, continue onto making the buffalo cauliflower.
2. Pizza dough: Combine bread flour, 1 cup of water, yeast, olive oil, and salt into a large bowl. Stir with a wooden spoon until the dough starts to come together. Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead the dough by hand for 5-7 minutes until you have a smooth elastic feel. Form into a ball. Transfer to a clean, lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap or a clean towel. Let the dough rise in a warm place until it has doubled in size, about 1 hour.
3. Roast the buffalo cauliflower. While the pizza dough is rising, make the buffalo cauliflower topping. Preheat your over to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk together 1/3 cup of water, flour, onion powder, salt, nutritional yeast, hot sauce, and Just Sriracha Mayo. Chop the cauliflower into florets and toss the florets in the hot sauce mixture until evenly coated. Spread the cauliflower onto a baking sheet and roast for 15-18 minutes until the cauliflower looks crisp and browned on the edges. Set aside until ready to assemble the pizza.
4. Caramelize the onions. Slice the onion thinly, as directed. In a medium saute pan, heat the olive oil until shimmering over medium low heart. Add the onion and cook on low heat for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally until the onions are caramelized. Set aside until ready to assemble the pizza.
5. Whisk the creamy sauce. In a medium bowl, whisk together the Just Sriracha Mayo, vinegar, nutritional yeast, and a dash of black pepper along with 1 tsp. water. Set aside.
6. Roll out the pizza dough. Preheat the over to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Divide the pizza dough into two equal pieces. Shape each piece into a ball. On a lightly-floured surface, roll each ball out to a thin 10-inch round to form two pizza crusts. Transfer the crusts to separate, lightly-floured baking sheets.
7. Evenly spread about 1/3 cup of tomato sauce over one of the pizza crusts. Drizzle half of the creamy sauce over the tomato sauce. Sprinkle half of the caramelized onions and buffalo cauliflower on the pizza. Repeat for the other pizza crust.
8. Bake and drizzle. Bake until each pizza crust is golden brown, about 10-12 minutes. Drizzle the pizzas with Just Ranch. Serve immediately.
This recipe was originally published on <a target="blank" href="https://justforall.com/en-us/recipes/buffalo-cauliflower-pizza">JUST_.