Yes, it's possible — you can improve mental, physical, and spiritual well-being with the best aromatherapy diffusers for your home. Aromatherapy uses concentrated essential oils, such as peppermint, bergamot, and chamomile, from plants and fruits said to help improve your mood. Those who use aromatherapy say they experience feelings of peacefulness, relaxation, and happiness, so you may boost your mood by using an aromatherapy diffuser.
Understanding Aromatherapy and Essential Oils
Essential oil aromatherapy is an alternative type of medicine used alone or to complement traditional medical treatments. Essential oils are created when essences are extracted from plants in natural ways. Those created through chemical processes are not considered true essential oils. Different essential oils offer different benefits. There are many types, but here are a few of the most popular:
- Orange: A scent known for its soothing and calming properties, which can aid in the relaxation of muscles.
- Peppermint: A scent known to increase mental clarity and alertness, and offer relief from seasonal allergies.
- Rosemary: A scent known to inspire energy and stimulate vitality.
- Clove: A scent known for its balancing properties; it works best when used with other essential oils.
- Lavender: A scent known for reducing stress, calming, and relaxing.
- Lemon: A scent known for its uplifting, energizing, detoxifying, cleansing, and deodorizing properties.
- Chamomile: A scent known for promoting sleep and relaxation.
Clinical trials have shown that essential oils can be beneficial in easing symptoms, such as nausea in cancer patients, and new research shows that inhaling bergamot oil is effective in helping individuals’ mental health and well-being. Another recent study found that inhaling the combination peppermint, clove, rosemary, and orange essential oils showed promise in treating exercise-induced fatigue.
How Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffusers Work
To use most aromatherapy essential oil diffusers, you need to add water along with your essential oil of choice. The amount of water depends on your diffuser's specifications. When you turn the diffuser on, it creates a fine mist that blows through your environment, leaving behind a pleasant aroma. In addition to imparting a sweet scent, many diffusers also purify and disinfect the air against pathogens and bacteria and set the mood. Many diffusers utilize soothing sounds and colored lights to heighten the relaxation experience.
Whether you want to boost your mood, lull yourself to sleep, or simply bring a fresh aroma to your atmosphere, we have found the best aromatherapy diffusers that will allow you to sit back, relax and breathe in the scent that makes you feel the best. Scroll down for our best aromatherapy diffuser reviews — you can buy them all on Amazon!