Getting an essential oil aromatherapy diffuser will not only make your home smell delicious, it can also put you in a good mood. Essential oils such as peppermint, bergamot, and chamomile, can improve mental, physical, and spiritual well-being. Those who use aromatherapy say they experience feelings of peacefulness, relaxation, and happiness. Who doesn't need a little more of that?
Understanding Aromatherapy and Essential Oils
Essential oil aromatherapy is an alternative type of medicine used alone or to complement traditional medical treatments. Essential oils are created when essences are extracted from plants in a natural way. Those created through chemical processes are not considered true essential oils. Different essential oils offer different benefits. There are many types, but here are a few of the most popular:
- Orange: Soothes and calms with properties that can also aid in muscle relaxation.
- Peppermint: Increases mental clarity and alertness, and offers relief from seasonal allergies.
- Rosemary: Inspires energy and stimulates vitality.
- Clove: Known for its balancing properties; it works best when used with other essential oils.
- Lavender: Reduces stress and increases feelings of calmness and relaxation.
- Lemon: Known for its uplifting, energizing, detoxifying, cleansing, and deodorizing properties.
- Chamomile: Promotes sleep and relaxation.
How Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffusers Work
To use most aromatherapy diffusers, you need to add water along with your essential oil of choice. The amount of water depends on your diffuser's specifications. When you turn the diffuser on, it creates a fine mist that blows through your environment, leaving behind a pleasant aroma. In addition to imparting a sweet scent, many diffusers also purify and disinfect the air against pathogens and bacteria, as well as set the mood. Many diffusers utilize soothing sounds and colored lights to heighten the relaxation experience.
Whether you want to boost your mood, lull yourself to sleep, or simply bring a fresh aroma to your atmosphere, we have found the best aromatherapy diffusers on the market. Scroll down for our best aromatherapy diffuser reviews — you can buy them all on Amazon!
We write about products we think our readers will like. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the supplier.