Ginger-spiced sweet pecans top this tempting casserole of mashed sweet potatoes flavored with maple syrup and raisins.
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup apple juice
- 4 lbs. sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1 ½” chunks
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup pecan pieces
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 10 Tbs. butter, melted
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ¾ tsp. salt
- In microwave-safe bowl, combine raisins and apple juice; microwave on High in 15-second intervals until hot, about 45 seconds. Let stand 30 minutes; drain well.
- Meanwhile, in large pot, bring potatoes and enough salted water to cover to boil over high heat; reduce heat to medium-low and cook until tender, 15-20 minutes. Drain well.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 1½ qt. baking dish with cooking spray. Combine flour, pecans, brown sugar and ½ tsp. ginger. Stir in 5 Tbs. butter until crumbly; reserve.
- Return drained potatoes to same pot; mash with maple syrup and remaining 5 Tbs. butter until smooth; stir in raisins, salt and remaining ½ tsp. ginger. Transfer to baking dish. Top with pecan mixture. Bake 30 minutes or until topping is lightly browned and potatoes are hot. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.