Low-carb “zoodles” stand in for pasta in this fresh twist on an Italian-American favorite.
- 3 medium zucchini and or yellow squash, about 2 lbs.
- 3 lemons
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup basil leaves, sliced
- Using spiralizer or julienne vegetable peeler, cut zucchini into “noodles” reserve. Grate 1 Tbs. zest and squeeze ¼ cup juice from 2 lemons; reserve. Cut remaining lemon into wedges; reserve. Pat shrimp dry; sprinkle with ¼ tsp. salt and ¼ tsp. pepper. In large skillet, heat 1 Tbs. oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook, flipping once, until opaque in centers, about 3 min. per side. Transfer to plate.
- Sprinkle zucchini with remaining salt and pepper. In same skillet, heat remaining 1 Tbs. oil over medium heat; in batches, cook zucchini, stirring occasionally,until crisp tender, 1-2 min. Transfer to large bowl. Add garlic, lemon juice and zest to skillet; cook, stirring, until sauce thickens slightly, 2 min. Stir in shrimp; add mixture to zucchini noodles; toss to combine. Top with basil. Serve with lemon wedges.