White beans combine with canned tuna in these meaty patties that cook up fast on the stovetop.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 cup rinsed, drained canned small white beans
- 2 (5 oz.) cans chunk light tuna in water, drained
- ½ cup Italian-seasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 1 scallion, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 4 hamburger buns, split, toasted
- 2 small tomatoes sliced
- Freshly ground pepper
- Mix together mayonnaise and lemon juice. Reserve. In bowl, combine lemon zest with beans; mash. Stir in tuna, breadcrumbs, scallion, parsley, egg, seasoning and ¼ cup mayonnaise mixture until blended. Shape into 4 (about ¾” thick) patties.
- Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add burgers; cook, flipping once, until browned and cooked through, 4–5 min. per side. Dividing evenly, spread remaining mayonnaise mixture over bun bottoms; top with burgers, tomatoes, pepper and bun tops