Simmering sausages in beer before finishing on the grill gives them bold flavor.
35 min. + grill prep time
- 4 bratwurst sausages, about 1 lb.
- 2 (12 oz.) cans beer
- 4 small red, yellow and/or green peppers, quartered
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 2 Tbs. olive oil-and-vinegar salad dressing
- 4 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise
- ½ cup whole-grain Dijon mustard
- Prepare grill for medium direct-heat cooking. Meanwhile, in pot, combine bratwursts and beer; over medium-high heat, bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook until no longer pink in centers, about 10 min. Drain; discard beer.
- Place peppers, onion and bratwursts on grill; cook peppers and onions, flipping once, until tender, 4–5 min. per side. Cook bratwursts, rotating, until browned, 5–7 min. When cool enough to handle, thinly slice peppers and onion; in bowl, combine with dressing. Toss to coat. Grill rolls cut sides down until toasted, 1 min.; spread with mustard. Fill with bratwursts; top with pepper mixture.