The luck o’ the Irish is guaranteed with these cupcakes made healthier with zucchini.
- 1 (15.25 oz.) pkg. dark chocolate fudge cake mix
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup oil
- 8 oz. zucchini, grated, excess liquid squeezed out
- 2 cups butter, at room temp.
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup Bailey’s Irish Cream Liqueur
- Green nonpareil sprinkles
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 24 muffin cups with cupcake liners. On low speed, beat cake mix, 1 cup water, eggs and oil until blended, 30 sec.; on medium speed, beat 2 min. Stir in zucchini. Divide among liners. Bake until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean, 18–20 min. Let cool 5 min. Transfer from pans to racks; cool.
- On medium speed, beat butter until fluffy. On low speed, gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar, then liqueur. On medium-high speed, beat until fluffy.
- In batches, transfer frosting to pastry bag fitted with ⅜” plain tip. Pipe frosting over cupcakes and sprinkle with nonpareils.