Old Bay seasoning in the coating plus a quick-fix dip give this spin on a steakhouse classic extra mmm.
- ½ cup bottled Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1 Tbs. prepared horseradish (not drained)
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 large sweet onion, about 1 lb.
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup half-and-half
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- In small bowl, mix dressing, horseradish and paprika; cover and chill. Place crisper plate in basket of 5.5-qt. air fryer. Coat plate with cooking spray. Place basket in air fryer; heat according to manufacturer’s directions for air-fry at 300°F.
- Peel onion, leaving root intact. Trim ¼” from bottom of onion making sure not to cut off root end completely. Starting from top and making sure not to cut all the way through onion, cut into 16 wedges. Gently pull layers away from center.
- In bowl, whisk egg and half-and-half. In separate bowl, mix flour and seasoning. Coat onion with flour mixture, shaking off excess; brush with egg mixture. Coat in remaining flour; coat with cooking spray. Remove basket from fryer; transfer onion to crisper plate. Insert basket back into fryer. Cook until coating is crisp and onion is tender, 30-35 min. Separate center petals; place sauce in center.