As the years tick by, what to get your parents for their anniversary becomes the million dollar question. Every anniversary is important and needs to be celebrated. When the couple in question reaches 25 years or more, it's really time to come up with a present that suits the occasion and shows your love, support, and admiration for their union. Struggling to come up with the perfect present? We did the research, and found some of the best gifts for your parents' anniversary.
What to Get Your Parents for Their Anniversary
Every year your parents stay happily married calls for celebration, but some milestone anniversaries deserve extra praise and special gifts. Certain themes and symbols are associated with milestone anniversaries, especially those in which couples are married for 25, 30, 40, or 50 years. Great anniversary gifts for parents keep with tradition and center around those specific symbols. (However, if you prefer to give your parents a gift that keeps on giving, consider selecting one of the best subscription boxes for couples.)
Anniversary Gifts for Parents: Ideas at Every Milestone
Want to stick with tradition? Here are the themes associated with the milestone anniversaries.
- 25th anniversary: When a couple has been married for 25 years, spoil them with a gift that includes silver, green garnet, or irises. Considered a precious metal, silver is the symbol of the 25th wedding anniversary because it shines as bright as the couple who has shared so many years together.
- 30th anniversary: Traditionally, the best gifts for your parents' 30th anniversary are ones that showcase pearls because, like a marriage, pearls start small and grow into something beautiful over time. The color green and lilies also traditionally symbolize this milestone occasion.
- 40th anniversary: Rubies represent protection and passion, so it is no surprise that they celebrate 40 years of wedded bliss. Just like these precious stones, a fire burns within couples who remain happily married for four decades.
- 50th anniversary: Fifty years of marriage is an accomplishment and a testament to the love your parents share. Capture the essence of the golden anniversary by giving them a gold gift that shines as bright as their love.
- 60th anniversary: Celebrate your parents 60th wedding anniversary with something as strong as their bond — and diamonds are strong. Diamond gifts are given for this anniversary because, like a marriage that spans six decades, they can’t be broken.
Now that you have gift ideas for your parents anniversary, check out some gifts we have chosen for each milestone anniversary — or any anniversary in between. Scroll down to see gift ideas for your parents' anniversary!