Every year your parents stay happily married calls for celebration, but some deserve extra praise and special gifts. Certain themes and symbols are associated with milestone anniversaries, especially those in which couples are married for 25, 30, 40, or 50 years. A great anniversary gift for your parents will keep with tradition and center around those specific symbols. (However, if you prefer to give your parents a gift that keeps on giving, consider selecting one of the best subscription boxes for couples.)
Want to stick with tradition? Here are the themes associated with the milestone anniversaries.
- 25th Anniversary: When a couple has been married for 25 years, spoil them with a gift that includes silver, green garnet, or irises. Considered a precious metal, silver is the symbol of the 25th wedding anniversary because it shines as bright as the couple who has shared so many years together.
- 30th Anniversary: Traditionally, the best gifts for your parents' 30th anniversary are ones that showcase pearls because, like a marriage, pearls start small and grow into something beautiful over time. The color green and lilies also traditionally symbolize this milestone occasion.
- 40th Anniversary: Rubies represent protection and passion, so it is no surprise that they celebrate 40 years of wedded bliss. Just like these precious stones, a fire burns within couples who remain happily married for four decades.
- 50th Anniversary: Fifty years of marriage is an accomplishment and a testament to the love your parents share. Capture the essence of the golden anniversary by giving them a gold gift that shines as bright as their love.
- 60th anniversary: Celebrate your parents 60th wedding anniversary with something as strong as their bond; diamond gifts are given for this anniversary because, like a marriage that spans six decades, they can’t be broken.
Now that you have gift ideas for your parents anniversary, check out some gifts we have chosen for each milestone anniversary — or any anniversary in between. Keep scrolling to shop FIRST's picks for the best gift ideas for your parents' anniversary!
We write about products we think our readers will like. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the supplier.