Looking for the best bathroom spa accessories to transform your private quarters into a luxurious retreat? With spring quickly approaching, we're well on our way to spring cleaning and home update season. This makes it the perfect time to update your bathroom and treat yourself to a well-deserved spa day. So, how can you give your bathroom the little spa treatment it deserves?
How to Turn Your Bathroom Into a Spa
When most people hear "bathroom spa transformation," images of major remodeling tend to run through their heads. However, turning your bathroom into a spa isn't as intensive as it might sound. In fact, with just a couple simple touches you could be kicking back in your own personal spa in no time. Here are five ways to turn your bathroom into the spa oasis of your dreams.
1. Upgrade your shower/bath: Upgrading doesn't always mean knocking down and starting from scratch. To upgrade your shower or bath, consider switching out your shower head or faucet for a clean, new look. If you're working with a shower, a chic shower caddy or decorative storage bottles make nice touches. If you're working with a bath, introducing things like a bath tray or pillow will immediately raise the spa factor of your tub.
2. Create some ambiance. Spas are big on ambiance, so setting the mood is a must. If you're handy, replace your light switch with a dimmer for easy mood-lighting control. Scent is another big part to ambiance, so investing in some good candles or an essential oil diffuser is an easy way to set the right tone of your at-home spa.
3. Introduce some earthy accents. The easiest way to bring a spa-like feel to any bathroom is to add some greenery to the mix. Whether you opt for a fabulous indoor plant or a hassle-free faux option, you'll find the second you introduce a little green to the mix, your spa will begin taking shape. Throw in some wood accents (bamboo mats, anyone?) and other earth-colored accessories, and you'll find it has a powerful effect.
4. Invest in a good speaker. Spas are well-known for their ability to cater to all the senses and while sight and smell may be the most obvious ones at first, it's important not to forget the power of sound. Spas notoriously play relaxing music and sounds to get you in the right headspace, so why not invest in a stylish speaker of your own? Opt for one of a bluetooth variety — this way you can control all the sweet sounds from your phone without having to get in and out of the tub and interrupt your soak.
5. Don't forget the skincare. It seems like an obvious point to make, but the point of going to a spa is usually for some sort of skin treatment, so make sure you pick up some beauty items of your own. Whether it means switching things up with a new conditioner, pulling out your favorite moisturizer, or finally picking up that pricey serum you've had your eye on, don't forget to treat yourself. And don't forget the other kind of skincare. We all like the way soft fabrics feel on our skin, so upgrading those old towels and robes is a must.
The Best Bathroom Spa Accessories
Ready to kick the relaxation into high-gear? If you're looking for a zen, spa-like bathroom experience, you're not alone. You deserve to indulge. Keep scrolling for FIRST's picks for the best bathroom spa accessories that will turn your humble powder room into a five-star spa in no time.
We write about products we think our readers will like. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the supplier.