The traditional desserts of Cinco de Mayo might be more like churros and flan, but it's the pinatas that really capture the feeling for us--so we turned them into a quick and easy recipe that puts the fun in your fiesta. These ice cream sandwiches have a very sweet surprise inside, and we'll show you exactly how to make them happen at home.
1 pint dulce de leche ice cream
2 snickerdoodle cookies
Milk chocolate M&M candies
1. Run hot water over a large chef's knife or serated bread knife. Use this heated knife to cut the pint of ice cream in half width-wise, through the package and ice cream.
2. Return one half of the ice cream to the freezer. Cut a small circle out of the center of the other half of the pint of ice cream. (Eat this piece you remove as a snack.)
3. Place one snickerdoodle cookie face-side down on a plate and gently scoop the half of the ice cream with the center removed onto the cookie.
4. If it gets soft, set in the freezer until the ice cream re-hardens.
5. Fill the center of the ice cream with chocolate candies and top with the second snickerdoodle cookie.
6. Give to your friend, and watch as they take a bite and find the sweet surprise in the center!
Your life just got exponentially better and more stylish now you've signed up for our newsletter. Fabulousness awaits!