Homemade scones don't have to be time-consuming, difficult, or even unhealthy. This quick and easy recipe requires just four ingredients for stunning baked goods that are special enough to present at a Mother's Day brunch but easy enough to whip up for any weekend breakfast. You might have heard of the famous lemonade scones--well these take the easy recipe one step further by using pink lemonade and chunks of dried strawberry. The generous drizzle of white chocolate is completely optional, but strongly suggested.
3 cups self-rising flour
1 cup pink lemonade
1 cup heavy cream
Dried strawberries, chopped (to taste)
White chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 390 degrees F.
2. Combine flour (or learn how to make self-rising flour if your store doesn't carry it), lemonade, and heavy cream in a large mixing bowl.
3. Use a butter knife to cut the ingredient together until just combined.
4. Fold in chopped strawberries.
5. Using floured hands, roll dough into 10 to 12 balls and place on baking sheet covered in parchment paper. (Alternatively: Turn dough out onto floured surface and use floured cookie or biscuit cutter to cut out scones.)
6. Bake for 13 minutes. Move to wire rack to cool.
7. Pour white chocolate chips into a microwave-safe container. Microwave on high for 20-second intervals until a good drizzling consistency.
8. Drizzle white chocolate onto scones and top with remainder of chopped dried strawberries.
9. Serve with whipped cream and strawberry preserves.