It’s so easy to turn this comfort food classic into the perfect finger food.
- 8 oz. elbow pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 Tbs. + ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 cups seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 eggs, beaten
- Line 9″ square baking pan with enough foil to overhang sides by 2″; coat with cooking spray. In large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions for al dente, adding peas during last 3 min. of cooking time; drain. In pot, whisk 2 Tbs. flour and milk; over medium-high heat, bring to a boil, stirring. Reduce heat to low. Stir in cheddar, Parmesan, mustard and Worcestershire. Stir in pasta mixture and scallions; let cool. Spread in pan. Cover; chill 2 hrs.
- In medium bowl, mix panko and parsley. Place remaining ½ cup flour and eggs in separate bowls. Cut mac ’n’ cheese into 30 rectangles; toss in flour, dip in egg, then coat with panko mixture.
- Place crisper plate in basket of 7-qt. air fryer; coat with cooking spray. Place basket in air fryer; heat to 375°F. In batches, air-fry bites until golden, 5 min. per batch.