Top these limoncello treats with umbrella picks to make your party a touch tropical.
- 1 (16.5 oz.) pkg. white cake mix
- 3 egg whites
- 1¼ cups limoncello
- ¾ cup frozen lemonade concentrate, from 12-oz. can, thawed
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup grated lemon zest
- 1½ cups butter, at room temp.
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Yellow decorating sugar
- Lemon fruit slice candies, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 18 muffin cups with cupcake liners. On low speed, beat cake mix, ½ cup water, egg whites, ¼ cup limoncello, ¼ cup lemonade concentrate and oil until combined, 30 seconds. On medium, beat 2 minutes. Stir in 2 Tbs. lemon zest. Divide among cupcake liners. Bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Immediately, using fork, poke 6 sets of holes into top of each cupcake. Brush with remaining 1 cup limoncello. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool on racks.
- On low, gradually beat remaining ½ cup lemonade concentrate and 2 Tbs. zest into frosting until just blended. On medium-high, beat until fluffy, 2-3 minutes.