A cocoa-kissed angel food cake and lemony Neufchâtel filling combine to create a tasty twist on a classic dessert.
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg. angel food cake mix
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 Tbs. red food coloring
- 6 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, at room temp.
- ½ cup butter, at room temp.
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Heat oven to 350°F. Combine first 4 ingredients and 1¼ cups water; mix as package directs. Pour into 11″ x 17″ parchment-lined jelly-roll pan. Bake 13 min. or until done. Let cool 5 min. Run knife around edges; invert onto towel. Remove paper. Starting at narrow end, roll cake into log with towel. Let cool.
- With mixer, beat next 3 ingredients, 1 Tbs. lemon juice and 1 tsp. lemon zest until smooth, stir in berries. Unroll cake; spread with frosting. Re-roll.