Pudding mix creates a light-as-air frosting with 60 fewer calories per serving than store-bought versions.
- 1 (16.5 oz.) pkg. lemon cake mix
- 1 (3.56 oz.) pkg. instant white-chocolate pudding mix
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Heat oven to 350°F. Prepare lemon cake mix as package directs. Divide batter evenly among 3 greased 8″ round cake pans. Bake 20 to 22 min. or until done. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, using electric mixer on low speed, beat together pudding mix and milk 30 sec. or until smooth. Add whipped topping and powdered sugar. Beat 1 min. or until mixture is smooth and thickened.
- Spread raspberry jam over 2 cake layers, dividing evenly. Top with third cake layer. Spread top and side
of cake with white-chocolate frosting. Garnish with fresh raspberries and lemon zest curls, if desired.