You’re clearly here because you own, want to own, or know someone who owns a Dyson vacuum cleaner, so you’re probably well aware of all the feelings associated with owning the appliance. To have a Dyson in your cleaning arsenal is, for many of us, like reaching the top of Mount Everest — it’s the pinnacle of vacuuming. Sure, there are those among us who feel just as strongly about the Miele or Electrolux vacuums — and that’s okay, we all have our preferences. For those of us with a Dyson, it’s like part of being a member of an exclusive club.
No, Dyson hasn’t forced us to write this, we just really want to take a moment to express how much better our lives have been ever since our Dyson vacuums came in to it. With the new V10 finally released, now seems like as good a time as any to express the love we have.
So, on with the list:
1) When you finally splurge and order a Dyson, you feel the need to tell everyone about your new purchase, as if you’re welcoming a new baby into the family: “I have some really exciting news to share — something I’ve been waiting to say my whole adult life.”
2) After unboxing the genius invention, you find yourself looking forward to little messes left around your place just so that you can whiz around and clean them up with more efficiency than a Japanese train.
3) You’re less annoyed with your pets now when they leave fur around your place, because it’s so satisfying to turn your vacuum into a dust-buster and make the fluff disappear.
4) When you meet another person who has a Dyson, you immediately respect that person more and share a special bond with them that can only be understood by people who own Dysons.
5) You feel slightly proud when they tell you they only have the V6 model when you have a V8.
6) Your favorite time of day is when, after taking your vacuum for a spin around the house, you check out how much debris has been collected in the clear cylinder. It’s up there with cleaning out the dryer lint trap.
7) Every time you click the unit back onto its wall-mounted holder, you can’t help but be thrilled about how much space you’re saving by not owning a conventional vacuum that practically needs its own closet just to be stowed away.
8) You’re constantly excited about what you’ll do with all the money you save on vacuum cleaner bags. Hawaii? New car? More Dysons? The sky is the limit.
9) You give demonstrations to Dyson-uninitiated guests as if you’re presenting a new product on morning TV: “See how easily it whizzes around, without you having to untangle those unsightly cords?”
10) You feel so put together now that you don’t ever have to use your old vacuum cleaners again.
This post was written by Amber Manto. For more, check out our sister site, Homes to Love.