Do you constantly feel like there aren’t enough hours in the day to finish everything? Is your to-do list more like a constant reminder of what you haven’t managed to get done? Between work, kids, cooking, shopping, exercising, and then rest, it’s no surprise our homes go by the wayside during the week. This often leaves us with a mountain of housework to do on the weekends. But when we lead such busy lives, the last thing we want to do is waste our weekends or our days off cleaning.
To avoid this and help you save time cleaning the house, expert in cleaning shortcuts and UrbanYou Co-Founder Elke Keeley has rounded up her best quick cleaning tips to cut down your weekly home maintenance routine to a 28-minute speed clean.
1. Kitchen: Eight Minutes
- Load dirty dishes straight into the dishwasher. Soak non-dishwasher-safe items in a sink of hot soapy water, including removable stove burner pieces.
- Dunk a microfiber sponge in a bucket with warm soapy water. Squeeze excess water (or you’ll get surface marks) and work top to bottom to wipe down cabinets, counters, and other surfaces. Rinse your sponge between wipes.
- Wipe down any remaining appliances and clear counters.
2. Bathrooms: Five Minutes
- Spray the shower and bathtub with anti-mildew cleanser and allow to sit while you scrub and wipe down the toilet.
- Clear counters and spray with cleanser, wiping it dry before returning items to their spot.
- Wash down the shower and bathtub, rubbing any stubborn marks with a microfiber cloth.
3. Bedrooms: Five Minutes
- Tuck in sheets and pull the corners of your bed cover out to straighten. Then fluff and set the pillows.
- Collect dirty clothes for the laundry hamper and sort clean clothes into a pile or hang them up in a closet.
- Neaten any books, papers, or loose items on shelves and tables.
4. Floors: 10 Minutes for the Whole House
- For best results for wood floors, give the area a quick vacuum first to remove excess debris. Follow with a floor steam clean, or fill a bucket with warm water and wood cleaner, and using a microfiber mop, rinse excess water then work the floor in a W-motion.
- When vacuuming carpeted rooms, work your way out of the room backwards in quick, swift strokes to minimize time wasted due to overlap.
This article was originally written by Homes to Love editors. For more, check out our sister site, Homes to Love.
More From FIRST
BOGO Never Felt So Good
Whether you're looking to sleep better, have less anxiety, get pain relief or simply unwind the mind, these award-winning CBD Gummies from Sky Wellness do just the trick! Available in a variety of flavors, don't miss this special BOGO offer. Learn more at SkyWellness.com.