If you’re a coffee lover, missing your daily cup of joe from your favorite coffee shop might be taking a toll on your life right now. With that in mind, we’ve been on the hunt for simple yet fun coffee recipes that will give you that made-by-a-barista feeling. And with that, we bring you the Greek Frappe.
If you’ve ever been to Greece, you might be familiar with the foamy, rich taste of a traditional Greek frappe that looks like a coffee lovers dream with a fluffy, frothy top layer. It’s typically enjoyed over ice — the perfect cooling beverage for those warm summer days to come.
The Greek frappe is usually made with classic Greek Nescafe —which you can purchase at some grocery stores or online ($12.97, Amazon) — but it’s totally possible to make with other types of instant coffee (though it’s said that this one yields the best results!).
To make your own Greek frappe at home, you don’t need any fancy equipment, and all it takes is three ingredients, a jar or shaker with a lid, and five minutes of effort. Can you believe that? Here’s how to do it.
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar (or more to your taste)
- ⅓ cup water
- Milk or creamer of choice (optional)
- In a glass jar or cocktail shaker, combine coffee, sugar, and water. Shake the container vigorously for 30 seconds to one minute until it becomes very foamy.
- Fill a glass with ice and milk (if using) or an additional 1/3 cup of cold water.
- Pour the foamy coffee mixture on top of the milk or water, and enjoy!