Make this tasty toss up to a day ahead, cover and chill — the flavors get better the longer it marinates.
2 hrs., 20 min.
- ¼ cup quinoa
- 1 (8.8 oz.) pkg. ready-rice, long-grain white original
- 8 oz. green beans, trimmed, halved diagonally
- 3 (5 oz.) cans solid white tuna in water, drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can whole baby corn, drained
- 1 orange or red pepper, quartered and sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 scallions, sliced
- ⅓ cup bottled olive oil-and-vinegar salad dressing
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh parsley
- In small pot, cook quinoa according to package directions; let cool. Fluff with fork. Meanwhile, cook ready-rice according to package directions; let cool.
- Place green beans in medium microwave-safe bowl. Cover loosely with damp paper towel. Microwave until just tender, about 2 min. Transfer to colander. Rinse beans under cold water until cool; drain well and pat dry.
- In large bowl, combine tuna, baby corn, pepper, tomatoes, scallions, rice, quinoa and green beans. Add dressing and parsley; toss gently until evenly coated and combined. Cover; chill at least 2 hrs. Transfer to serving bowl.