We mixed riced cauliflower in with the crumb topping for a lightened-up spin on a classic pasta bake.
- 8 oz. penne pasta
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen riced cauliflower, thawed, drained
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temp., cut into pieces
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 (5 oz.) cans solid white tuna packed in water, drained
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- Heat oven to 400°F. Coat 2-qt. baking dish with cooking spray. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente, adding carrots and celery during last 3 min. of cooking time. Drain; return to pot.
- In bowl, stir together riced cauliflower, mozzarella and breadcrumbs; reserve. In pot, mix cream cheese and milk; over medium-low heat, cook, stirring, until cream cheese is melted and mixture is smooth, 5 min. Stir in salt and pepper; add to pasta mixture. Stir in tuna, scallions and zest. Transfer to baking dish; top with reserved cauliflower rice mixture. Bake until hot and golden, 25 min.