A splash of green Tabasco adds a zesty kick to these toasted treats.
- 2 scallions
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp. green Tabasco sauce
- 8 soft taco-size flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar, 8 oz.
- 2 (5 oz.) cans albacore tuna in water, drained
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Heat oven to 400°F. Coat 2 rimmed baking sheets with cooking spray. Chop scallions. Halve avocado; remove pit and peel. Transfer to bowl. Using fork, mash. Grate ¼ tsp. zest and squeeze 2 tsp. juice from lime into bowl with avocado. Stir in Tabasco; spread over one side of each tortilla, leaving ½” border.
- Place 2 tortillas, avocado side up, on each baking sheet; sprinkle each with ¼ cup cheese. Dividing evenly, top cheese with tuna, spinach, scallions, remaining cheese and tortillas, avocado sides down. Place 1 rimmed baking sheet on top of each baking sheet of quesadillas. Bake until cheese melts and tortillas are golden, about 10 min. Cut into wedges.