Turn pasta with pesto into a complete meal in minutes by tossing in cooked chicken and tender zucchini ribbons.
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 lb. thin-sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz. penne pasta
- 1 zucchini (10 oz.)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup pesto sauce
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese shavings
- In skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 8-10 min. Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve ½ cup cooking liquid; drain, then return pasta to pot. Meanwhile, with vegetable peeler, cut zucchini lengthwise into thin ribbons; reserve.
- Add tomatoes, pesto sauce and ⅛ tsp. pepper, then chicken and reserved zucchini to pasta. Over low heat, cook, stirring gently, until heated through, adding reserved cooking liquid as needed, until mixture is saucy. Serve topped with Parmesan cheese shavings.