A splash of olive brine adds zing to the filling in these juicy orbs.
- 6 large tomatoes, about 8 oz. each
- 2 (6.4 oz.) pkgs. tuna packed in water
- ½ cup chopped pitted green olives from a jar + 1 Tbs. olive brine + 3 halved olives for garnish
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley + 6 whole leaves for garnish
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Trim tops of tomatoes. Using small spoon, hollow out tomatoes, leaving ¾” tomato flesh and reserving 1 cup chopped pulp for salad and ⅓ cup juices for dressing. Discard remaining pulp and juice or save for another use.
- Drain tuna; transfer to medium bowl. Fluff with fork. Add chopped tomato, tomato juice, chopped olives, hard-cooked eggs and chopped parsley. Stir in ⅓ cup mayonnaise, 1 Tbs. olive brine and ¼ tsp. pepper.