This twist on a classic Mounds bar is a cinch to make, thanks to boxed cake mix and an easy coconut filling
- 1 (15 oz.) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 Tbs. almond extract
- 2 egg whites
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 6 oz. dark chocolate
- 2 Tbs. coconut oil
- ½ cup toasted large flaked coconut
- Heat oven to 350°F. Prepare cake mix as package directs, adding almond extract. Pour half of batter into greased Bundt pan. Using mixer on high speed, beat egg whites until frothy. Add sugar; beat 5 min. or until stiff peaks form. Fold in flour and shredded coconut.
- Spoon coconut mixture on top of batter in pan. Pour remaining batter on top. Bake 50 min. Let cool 1 hr.
- In microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate with coconut oil; mix and pour over cooled cake. Sprinkle with flaked coconut.