To save even more time and money, simply substitute an equal amount of thawed frozen veggies for the ones in our recipe; add to pasta water during last 2 minutes of cooking.
- ¼ cup Italian-style breadcrumbs, toasted
- 1 tsp. + 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 8 oz. penne pasta
- 7 cups mixed vegetables (we used 4 cups baby spinach, 1 cup quartered radishes
- and 7 oz. carrots, quartered lengthwise, cut into 1½” pieces; 2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- Combine bread crumbs and 1 tsp. oil; reserve. In large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions adding carrots during last 8 min. and radishes during last 2 min. of cooking time. Drain, reserving ⅓ cup cooking liquid.
- In same pot, heat remaining 2 Tbs. oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic; cook 30 sec. Remove from heat. Add pasta mixture, spinach, cooking liquid, ¼ tsp. salt and ¼ tsp. pepper. Stir in half of breadcrumbs and half of cheese. Transfer to bowl. Top with remaining breadcrumbs and cheese.