You’ll be haunted by the delicious flavors of guacamole, refried beans and sour cream–ranch dip layered beneath “tombstone” crackers meant for scooping.
- 2 limes
- 3 avocados, pitted and peeled
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbs. chopped red onion
- 1 (16 oz.) can refried beans
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup store-bought prepared ranch dip
- ⅛ tsp. black concentrated food coloring
- 2 Tbs. ketchup
- Melba toasts, broken in half, and crackers
- Cherry tomatoes
- Tortilla chips
- Grate ½ tsp. zest and squeeze 1 Tbs. juice from limes into bowl. (You may need just 1.) Add avocados; with fork, mash avocados until very smooth. Stir in 2 Tbs. cilantro and red onion. Spread evenly in bottom of 11″x7″ (2 qt.) serving or baking dish.
- In another bowl, stir together beans and salsa; spread over avocado mixture. In third bowl, stir together sour cream and ranch dip; spread over bean mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro. Cover; chill until ready to serve.
- Stir food coloring into ketchup. Transfer to small plastic sandwich bag; snip tiny hole in one corner. Pipe spooky messages onto tombstone toasts and crackers with ketchup mixture; insert into dip. Arrange tomatoes on top. Serve with additional crackers and your favorite tortilla chips.