All eyes will be on this monstrously good comfort-food classic that’s irresistible with a double dose of shredded cheese.
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. dried steak seasoning
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg. elbow macaroni
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 1 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 (8 oz.) pkgs. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 (8 oz.) pkgs. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 2 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 3 pitted olives, halved lengthwise
- 6 sprigs curly parsley
- Coat large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. In large bowl, combine beef, Worcestershire sauce and steak seasoning. Using about ½ cup mixture per patty, shape beef into 6 (3″ long) ovals on baking sheet, about 2″ apart. Freeze 20 min. Heat oven 400°F. Bake patties, turning once, until cooked through, 6–7 min. per side.
- Meanwhile, cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. In large pot, whisk butter and flour over medium-high heat 1 min. Add milk; bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to medium; stir in shredded cheeses until melted. Stir in macaroni; season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide mixture evenly among 6 (6 oz.) oval baking dishes.
- Using large serving spoon, make an indentation in each dish of mac ’n’ cheese. Place 1 beef patty in each indentation. For eyes, using 1″ round cutter, cut 6 rounds from fresh mozzarella slices. Place 1 cheese round on each beef patty; top with tomato slices and olives. For eyebrows, arrange parsley on one edge of each dish.