Transform meaty chili into finger food with these bite-size bowls dressed up with black olive spiders.
- 2 links fresh chorizo sausage (about 8 oz.) casings removed and crumbled
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 oz. ground chicken
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1¼ cups taco sauce
- ½ cup grated pepper jack cheese (2 oz.)
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 sheet refrigerated crescent dough (from 8 oz. tube)
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- Black concentrated food coloring
- 24 pitted extra-large black olives
- Heat oven to 350°F. Coat 24 mini-muffin cups with cooking spray. Heat 12″ nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chorizo and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink, 10 min.
- Crumble in chicken; add chili powder. Cook, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink, 5 min. Add taco sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce to low. Cover; cook until slightly thickened, 7–8 min. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Stir in cheese and cilantro.
- On work surface, unroll dough; cut into 24 rectangles. Flatten each piece into a 2½” square. Fit into mini-muffin cups, pressing lightly into bottom and sides. Divide chili evenly among cups. Bake until crusts are golden brown, 15–18 min. Cool. Run knife around edges to loosen; remove from pans.
- Tint ketchup black with food coloring; transfer to plastic sandwich bag and cut tiny hole in one corner. Pipe dot of ketchup on top of each chili cup. Top with olive; pipe on legs.